Welcome


This Blog will be a place dedicated to interview the Wonderful Flower Pressers and Artists
around the world that use 'Pressed Flowers" as part of their medium .
Let the world see What kind of " Art" can be made from it!
Please let me know if You would
to do an interview too or know someone ?
Come back often and Peace and Keep on Pressing...


This is the poem that reminded me to do this.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust




Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jill Myers WWPFG Heirloom

my Christmas card to Mom in 08
 With Christmas just around the corner I wanted to thank you for taking time to stop by and Wish you a fabulous Holiday Season .

Please leave a comment so the Pressers knows you stopped in, don't forget to hit the share button too.  
  



Name: Jill Myers
Where are you from? Terre Haute, Indiana is my place of birth. Since being a member of the guild, I have lived (back there) briefly, as well as different parts of Florida and then, back up north to Cincinnati, Ohio.
 

How Long have You been with World Wide Pressed Flower Guild ?
Since 2002 although I have not been an active member for quite awhile now.
 

How Long have You been doing Pressed Flower Art ?
I actually began "exploring" the possibilities of dabbling in it when I came across the guild on the web. I enjoy the art of it although I have not pressed flowers in a long time now.
 

Do you remember the first thing you pressed ?
The first pressed flower project I ever attempted was the Floral Initial class offered free by the guild. I loved the challenge of attempting something I had no previous experience in doing. I was very pleased with the way my "J" initial turned out. 

Floral Initial - August 24, 2002

What's your favorite mediums /materials?
At the startup of my interest, I was living in a home surrounded by lots of country...more so than flowers. I liked incorporating interesting bits of nature into my projects...different variations of color of leaves, sticks, vines, small seeds, etc. I found that I love doing collage-type projects the most.



What is your favorite Flower to Press and How do you do it?
I would say miniature roses as I love the delicate appearance of them after pressing. I bought different presses but always had the best results simply pressing in a large phonebook. When I lived in Florida, I would anchor my phonebook (full of pressed plant material) securely and keep in the trunk of my car. With the hot, Florida sun at my disposal, I had pressed flowers, etc. fairly quickly with this method.
 



 Please Feel free to tell us about your work, inspiration, and thoughts with us too.
I am not currently working with pressed flowers although I do want to go back to dabbling in it eventually. I completely enjoy what others in the guild design and create. Such beautiful talent that all share. It is a lovely guild, with many talented flower pressers with wonderful knowledge that is much appreciated.
 

Where  can we find your work ? web ,blog , shops ,etc  
I just did this for fun but I thoroughly enjoy the websites of members of the guild who have turned this art love into a business. I will leave that talent to others for now... 
 

Please share tips ?
I really don't have any tips other than to just tell members new and old alike to never be afraid to explore and play with your pressed plant material. I amazed myself in what I created and realized that I was enjoying myself in the process of it all. Have fun!
 

Tell stories that You want people to know about the guild and pressed art.
I found the guild and learning about flower pressing at a time in my life that was quite delicate for me. I had just left a bad marriage, moved to another state, and basically started my life over again from scratch. I became an in-home caregiver to an elderly lady and this was a way I filled some of my free time. She loved my creations and was a wonderful cheering squad of one. I like to think that my dabbling in this brought some joy into her life as she had been a very creative, talented woman in her day before illness took over. So, not only did this art open a door of smiles to my friend, it was therapeutic healing for me as well from all the life changes I was experiencing. 




~ Glorious, wonderful...Me     (Jill)

"I took a tour, said I.
And what did you discover?
I found a soul painstakingly hiding from Me." ~ Jill Myers

"One day your mind will look back in time and remember a special memory. I will be that memory. Think of a beautiful, delicate, butterfly...it touched your heart and soul and then flew away. That is what I wish for you to remember me as."
~ Jill Myers



It has been so interesting reading and learning about these Pressers .
Thanks for stopping by and come again soon, peace Terica

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work. It is our loss that Jill isn't working with pressed flowers any more. So much to teach! Such beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terica! You did an absolutely lovely job of presenting my interview with the creative addition of my pressed flower art. I can't wait to read the other interviews. So nice to peek into other people's artistic lifes.

    Chris, thank you for such a thoughtful comment. Your work on Etsy is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So much for the comments it can get lonely here!
I am opening the comment section to all ,with Hopes that everyone will be nice and I will not have to monitor . Please leave comments that are meant for Me or the Artist in the interview .Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...