Welcome


This Blog will be a place dedicated to interview the Wonderful Flower Pressers and Artists
around the world that use 'Pressed Flowers" as part of their medium .
Let the world see What kind of " Art" can be made from it!
Please let me know if You would
to do an interview too or know someone ?
Come back often and Peace and Keep on Pressing...


This is the poem that reminded me to do this.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust




Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jacki Harrington , WWPFG Heirloom

Hello everyone , Jacki is our Vice President of the WWPFG.
I hope You enjoy her interview and Please leave comments !



Name:
Jacki Harrington

Where are you from?  

I am a life long resident of Massachusetts. I grew up in a small town west of Boston, Weston, and having been living in Peabody, north of Boston for 40 years.

How Long have You been with World Wide Pressed Flower Guild ?  

I joined the Guild in 2002

How Long have You been doing Pressed Flower Art ? 

 I started in the late 1990's

Do you remember the first thing you pressed ? 

 I pressed a fern to use on a calligraphy piece



 What’s your favorite mediums /materials?
 I like working on watercolor paper, but also on my handmade papers and hand marbled papers



 What is your favorite Flower to Press and How do you do it? 
I often use Cellestine's presses, but also desiccant board and good old phone books. I press a lot of hydrangeas, fall leaves, and birch bark, but I really press most anything that I can from my yard and from a nearby park.

Please Feel free to tell us about your work, inspiration, and thoughts with us too.
 

I love doing landscapes. It has been the Guild classes that I have taken that have taught me so much. Also I try to enter competitions as they make me concentrate on details and on doing pictures that I always thought impossible for me to do.

Where  can we find your work ? web ,blog , shops ,etc  
  I sell my work in 2 stores-   
Sisters We Three in Newburyport, MA 
and the other is Local Collection in Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston, MA.  
I do not have a web site yet- it's on the to do list!

Please share tips ?
 

 1. Take classes. It is so helpful to learn from the masters! 
2. Be patient and keep at it. 
 3. Enter a competition. It pushes you to do more than you thought possible!
 


Tell stories that You want people to know about the guild and pressed art.
 

 Being a member of the Guild has changed my life in many ways. I never took an art class, but I now consider myself an artist. I have met and learned from pressers from around the world. The pressed flower community is full of generous and talented people, so many of whom have taught me life lessons. I have traveled to places in this country that I never thought I would see. I even went to China because of pressed flowers!!  




 


 Wow , I never get bored doing these interviews . Even though the Questions are always the same , the Answers are so different and interesting. 
Add the great pictures and it's exciting to see what will come next !   
As always Thanks for stopping by and please let us know what you think? 
Peace and Happy Pressing  
 

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love her work! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful interview with Jackie! I really enjoy reading all the stories, Terica. Hope many more will come!
    Marie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. je vous remercie de votre demande et suis heureuse que mes compositions vous plaisent je serais ravie de faire une interview avec vous dans le partage d'amour des fleurs et de la Nature
    Votre site est superbe et d'une grande sensibilité, merci de nous faire connaitre ces artistes.
    à très bientôt de vous lire
    floralement votre
    Régine Le Nen
    Voici mon mail
    parolesdefleurs@aliceadsl.fr
    http://regine-lenen.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work. My dad made a flower press for me when I was in college in the 90's. I didn't really make anything with the pressed flowers until I pressed my grandfathers funeral flowers in 2004. In 2005 I made my first flower fairy and it has been all up hill and magical ever since. I am from Norwood, MA. My husband is from Manchester by the Sea. We lived in Salem MA for two years. Please let me know of any pressed flower groups/classes in the Fort Myers,FL area. I miss MASS arts and culture!
    With brightest blessings,
    Stephanie/Second Nature Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone thanks so much for stopping by .
    Régine Le Nen , I had a friend at the guild translate your comment for me here. I thank you for the kind words and will contact you soon .

    Stephanie , Thanks for the sweet comment. I will check at the guild to see If anyone knows of classes in FT Myers but till then please think about joining the WWPFG.org , there is loads of information in our files and also the Fabulous monthly online classes.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. terica, wonderful interview!:-)

    jacki, as always, your work is magnificent!:-)...have you thought about teaching a birch tree class?!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So much for the comments it can get lonely here!
I am opening the comment section to all ,with Hopes that everyone will be nice and I will not have to monitor . Please leave comments that are meant for Me or the Artist in the interview .Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...