Welcome


This Blog will be a place dedicated to interview the Wonderful Flower Pressers and Artists
around the world that use 'Pressed Flowers" as part of their medium .
Let the world see What kind of " Art" can be made from it!
Please let me know if You would
to do an interview too or know someone ?
Come back often and Peace and Keep on Pressing...


This is the poem that reminded me to do this.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust




Thursday, February 10, 2011

Micki Wach , WWPFG Heirloom

Welcome Again to Our Heirloom Series of WWPFG. 
I have the privilege of introducing You to Micki Wach .
She is our Newsletter Editor for WWPFG and an Executive Committee member also. She is also involved with the 

 
Fairy

Name:
 Micki Wach

Where are you from?
Philadelphia, Pa

How Long have You been with World Wide Pressed Flower Guild ?
 9 or 10 years?

How Long have You been doing Pressed Flower Art ?
 maybe 11 years

Do you remember the first thing you pressed ?
 Pansies



What’s your favorite mediums /materials? 
   I like to work with various interesting papers, while trying to use my scrapbooking tools like punches with it. Nice soft materials are fun as well, for backgrounds.  

What is your favorite Flower to Press and How do you do it?
   I am obsessed with blacks and white plant materials, and hope to one day create some amazing masterpiece in black and white.
I use lots of hydrangea a well, and leaves of all kinds. Oh and bark, how I love to use bark!  My favorite presses are dessicant papers and boards, as well as air grid type presses.
 But I do have stacks of phone books and standard flower presses as well.

 
Please Feel free to tell us about your work, inspiration, and thoughts with us too.    
    Working with pressed flowers and plants is fun, and easier for me than other art.
I am not great at drawing, or painting, yet I can turn the  pressed flowers into a painting .
My inspiration comes from nature and my friends at the WWPFG.


Where  can we find your work ? web ,blog , shops ,etc    
www.mickiart.blogspot.com 
(still trying to get a website up and running)

2008 PFS 3rd place

Please share tips ?
   When you think you can't, you probably can.
When I started this art form I never dreamed of making the things I can now.

Tell stories that You want people to know about the guild and pressed art.
   It is only with the Guild's help that I have learned and grown in this art.
We share and teach each other so much. There are pressed flower artists in our Guild that have many, many years of experience. Not only have I gained skills, but I have made so many wonderful friends at the WWPFG.  
Each year our gatherings and conferences bring a group of us together for fun and classes. I have been to some neat places I would not have gone if it weren't for our Guild, most recently China!

Everyone smiles in the same language. (Anonymous) 
 




To see some pics and find some links to the China Conference
check out my post  world-wide-pressed-flower-guild-2010 blog


My heirloom List is getting closer to the end . 
Would YOU like to do an interview ?? Let me know ? 

As always Thanks for stopping by and learning more about the pressers of the world .
Please leave comments!

Peace and Happy Pressing!
 

2 comments:

  1. I of course clued immediately onto her beautiful pendants! But my favorite is the last picture, 13 pretty petals. Great interview as always. I love getting to hear from so many wonderful pressed flower artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another wonderful interview!:-)...thanks again, terica!:-)

    i love micki's work!:-)...and micki!:-)...she is always a bright spot at our gatherings!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So much for the comments it can get lonely here!
I am opening the comment section to all ,with Hopes that everyone will be nice and I will not have to monitor . Please leave comments that are meant for Me or the Artist in the interview .Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...