Welcome


This Blog will be a place dedicated to interview the Wonderful Flower Pressers and Artists
around the world that use 'Pressed Flowers" as part of their medium .
Let the world see What kind of " Art" can be made from it!
Please let me know if You would
to do an interview too or know someone ?
Come back often and Peace and Keep on Pressing...


This is the poem that reminded me to do this.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Marcel Proust




Thursday, March 10, 2011

Liming Twanmoh , WWPFG Heirloom

 Hello Everyone I am proud to say we are honored to introduce You to another Heirloom of the guild . Li is a very special lady who has also wore many hats in making the guild what it is today ! 


Name: 
Liming Twanmoh

Where are you from?  

Born in China, grow up in Taiwan, NY is home.

How Long have You been with World Wide Pressed Flower Guild ?
Since inception of the Guild

How Long have You been doing Pressed Flower Art ?
I started to pressed flower in 2000.

 
Do you remember the first thing you pressed ?
Not really. I pressed everything in sight at the beginning.
 

What's your favorite mediums /materials?
I like to use watercolor paper and thin paper such as mulberry paper.

What is your favorite Flower to Press and How do you do it?

Hydrangea
Hydrangea is one of my favorite to press. Cut off each florets and press them in regular press or with desiccant board. The flowers picked on a rainy day should be dried off in a vase for few hours. A droopy hydrangea can be hydrated by immerse the whole flower in water for few hours; once the flowers are hydrated, dry off the water from the petal by putting the stem in a vase.

Please Feel free to tell us about your work, inspiration, and thoughts with us too.
Flowers and leaves themselves inspire me the most. Art work from my fellow pressers often gives me fresh idea too.

Where  can we find your work ? web ,blog , shops ,etc 
My website: http://www.pressedflora.com/

Please share tips ?
I have the "faded" flowers and leaves  kept in a  folder. Those off color material come in handy at times. For example, faded light pink dogwood petals have the right shade for a table top, a brown jasmine flower filled in nicely when a customer requested brown flowers which is jasmine turned brown in press. 

 
The wild grape tendrils are easy to obtain and have beautiful curves. One simple use of them is illustrated in a thank you card.

The little wild grasses on the road are not to be ignored. They can serve as trees in landscape, also nice fillers.

The herb section in grocery stores provides a large selection of greens for picture all year around. I love them.

  Tell stories that You want people to know about the guild and pressed art.

Members nicked named the Guild as a petal family. Petal family tells a lot about who we are. This is the place I grew up and matured as pressed flower person.

To support the conference competition in 2006, I challenged my self to do a sunset picture after a trip to Ghost Range, New Mexico, where Georgia O'Keeffe painted the Pedernal. The petal sunset remained as a personal favor.


Other than flowers, I like to work with leaves too. Leaves have different texture and colors. The texture and colors are very helpful in creating landscape scenes. Soundview is an example of using leaves to create landscape scene. 





Pressed Flower Art by Liming


Please leave comments and don't forget to click the Share buttons!
As always Peace and Happy Pressing !  

3 comments:

  1. thanks, terica!:-)...another wonderful interview!:-)

    li is one of my very favorite people!:-)...a wonderful artist!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this interview with Li! And seeing her art is always a pleasure.
    Terica, I really enjoy learning these new things about our 'petal family', as Li has mentioned. Very appropriate name for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Li is so talented! Thank you for sharing this wonderful interview with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So much for the comments it can get lonely here!
I am opening the comment section to all ,with Hopes that everyone will be nice and I will not have to monitor . Please leave comments that are meant for Me or the Artist in the interview .Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...